Sunday, July 20, 2008

Settling In, Hard Work, Outdoor Fun, and Half Birthdays!

Hey everybody!  Welcome back to my first Boston blog!  I've lived here almost one whole month now.  See... here's the proof that I am smart enough to write my own blog!

Obviously a lot has happened this month.  I turned 18 months old.  I'm learning new words left and right - like no, dog, out, help, down, turtle, noodle, yellow, Grover, truck, choo choo and many many more.  I know the sounds of animals - I can tell you what a cow, sheep, kitty cat, lion, bird, and dog say.  My favorite thing though is finding a bus.  If there is a bus in a one mile radius, I will find it, point to it, and yell "Busssss!"  

There's a lot of work to be done on our new house on Lasell Street.  While Mommy and Daddy do a lot of the painting, I get my fair share of work done around the house too.


I'm primarily responsible for mowing the lawn on a daily basis.

I help build furniture.


Again, I'm really good at yardwork.


All this work makes a little boy dirty though.  Sometimes I like to see what the dirt tastes like.  I've never had so many baths as I've had while living here in Boston.  Mommy and Daddy said the first dirty picture of me looked like an ad for Feed the Children.


Grammy and Grandpa Bolton came up, along with their Dog-Dog Bijoux for a visit.  We had a really good time - check out my videos I posted earlier if you haven't seen them.  They did a lot of work around the house, especially in the yard like I did, and they bought me this really cool red wagon.  It even has sippy cupholders!  I like to go on big walks around our super hilly neighborhood almost everynight after dinner.



I may look really sweet, but don't let that fool you.  Mommy and Daddy made me get rid of my pacifier two months ago after I threw it at them.  I guess they told me.  My temper can be something fierce, but usually just when I'm tired or hungry.  The first week I was here, I slammed the door in Mommy and Daddy's room and locked it.  Mommy had to call the fire department to get me out of the room.  Six firemen and one policeman got me out of the room safely, but by that point I was too upset to even care about the cool firetruck.

Speaking of cool trucks, I still like to vroom vroom my cars and trucks all over the house!

Yep, that's me everyone!  I am one... well actually one and a half to be exact.


For my half birthday, Mommy and Daddy got me this really cool swimming pool that's in my own back yard.  I love to splash splash on hot days.

Sometimes I drink the water.


Boston has a lot of really nice parks that we've been visiting, some of which have sprinklers!  Sprinklers and swimming pools are great for those 90 degree Boston days (yes, it's hot here too), especially when your house has no air conditioning.




No, I have not had my first haircut yet.  Do you think I need one?




Mommy and Daddy took me to the New England Aquarium.  Check out the sign about the "Shahhhks" exhibit.  Silly Boston people!


The fish were really cool.  I especially liked Myrtle the Turtle.

And the jellyfish were really scary!

Help me Daddy!


Maybe I'll just stick with this jellyfish light for now!

As you can see it's been a really busy month.  Mommy and Daddy are working hard on the house, and so far doing all the work themselves (well, a lot of family help too).  They didn't want me to put any pictures up yet until things are a little more finished, but trust me, my room is looking great.  Mommy and Daddy have started their new jobs and survived nearly three weeks without any great catastrophes.  The people seem to be really nice, and everyone seems to comment on how they've gone from the number one hospital to the number two, haha.  I've been going to daycare everyday at my new friend Kaya's house.  It's just me, Kaya, and her mommy.  Kaya is a month older than me.  They keep me really busy everyday and take me on fun adventures.  

Please keep in touch and come visit us here in Boston!

No comments: