
After you turn two, I'm not sure if you're supposed to keep counting how old you are in months, or if you're just two. Whatever the case may be, I'm two (or twenty-five months to be exact). You'll have to forgive a lot of the pictures. Our camera died, so most of these were taken with Mommy's iPhone. Thank goodness for that. In the past few months, I've really become a talker, but I just keep getting better at it. I ask lots of questions - Why? What it is? What it name? Where'd it go? What doing? I'm starting to use some pronouns correctly - most importantly the "my, me, and mines." I'm also very much into sound effects - boom, crash, boing, bonk, plop, vroom, woo-ooh (imagine sirens), etc.


The end of January and beginning of February was still filled with feet of snow and feet of icicles. Daddy had the shovel permanently glued to his hands. Look at the cool icicle he pulled off the side of our house! This is nothing compared to the ice that the people in Kentucky had! Mimi and Papaw lost all their power for almost two weeks and evacuated to Lexington to Aunt Nancy's house. Everyone is still cleaning up the mess, but they're back home now.

Yawn! Don't worry. This whole post won't be filled with how cold Boston is or how much snow we have. February has only been filled with an inch or two of snow here or there. Just last week, all the snow melted and I could see the grass again. I'd forgotten about grass.

It's still awful cold all the time and we're going a little stir crazy, with no end to the winter in sight, so we've resorted to lots of interesting ways to pass the time.

Like making messes with cream cheese.

Practicing for the Derby. We did find this great spot near our house that is an indoor play area. They have lots of riding cars, climbing things, pushing things, balls, blocks, trains, you name it. It has been a great place to blow off steam.

My first roller coaster ride. Weeee!
And now time for some embarassing pictures...

A couple of weeks ago, I decided I wanted to poop in the potty. I had been pee-peeing on and off, but not consistently for the last few months. Mommy likes to give me my privacy while I'm going, but she snuck in one day and caught be in action - bent over, hands on floor. Because I started pooping in the potty and I was doing a pretty good job with my pee-pees at Johanna's and Mommy's houses, they decided it was time for big boy underwear. I've been in underwear for almost two weeks straight with less than a handful of accidents. I'm one of those weird kids who loves to poop in the potty, and even more, I love to go to use public restrooms. I pee peed twice in church the other day, once at Home Depot, and three times at the restaurant when we went out for Valentines Day. I even told Mommy my full name was Cooper Good Boy. Everyone is so proud of me! If you ask me who wears diapers, I say "Babies. Cooper big boy."

This month, Mommy has been taking me to Johanna's house on the way to work. I help her get ready in the morning. If I'm good, she lets me wear lipstick (chapstick) and I pucker up.

Our Valentines Day this year was pretty low key. We took our first big trip out of the house with underwear on. We went to Target and walked around. Then we had a fancy lunch.

I gave Daddy big kisses.

Mommy and I topped off our lunch with a special Valentines ice cream treat.

Mmmmm....

Some other ways to pass the cold days... catching a few cartoons with Mommy

Building blocks with Daddy

Seeing what fun stuff Daddy has hiding in his pockets

Dancing in the playroom


The other day, it was warm enough to go outside and drive my big car. Most of the time I just push it around.

I had a dance party with Baby, Elmo, Ernie, and Green Monster.

And I take naps at the Home Depot. Mommy and Daddy worked hard this month on stripping the wallpaper off the kitchen, sanding the walls and cabinets, and painting both the walls and cabinets. Everything looks much better and I'll post pictures later. Mommy and Daddy are thinking about having a tile floor put in, and this was the tile I chose. On another note, Mommy got a job for next year. She'll be working in the NICU at Children's as a hospitalist 14 days per month, not too bad, huh? She's not sure what she'll end up doing with the rest of her life, but at least she's got next year figured out.
We hope you all are staying warm! Take care and hopefully Mommy and Daddy will have a new camera soon! Any suggestions on a kind to get?
No comments:
Post a Comment