Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Kissing Cousins

Hey everybody!  It's me again with a monthly post a little earlier than usual.  So much has happened in the short time since the last blog (plus Mommy and Daddy got a new camera) that I couldn't wait to share it with you all.  I'm twenty-six months old now, as of yesterday.  Everyday I come up with a new expression that makes people laugh.  Just yesterday it was "Uh oh spaghetti o's."  (Check out my curls!!!)

Mardi Gras came and went.  While there were no fancy parades up this way, a little cheer from Jane and Mary Thomas Kute made its way to my house...beads and Moon Pies, can't beat that!  (Excuse my hat hair.)

The big snow finally melted, we had a couple of sixty degree days, and then this...  the snow returned.

I made some pretty cool snow angels though.

The snow came back just in time to greet the North Carolina Boltons.  There was this much snow the last time they were here too.  Gigi and Bubba brought Aunt Lauren and Cousin Samantha here to visit.  It was Samantha's first plane ride, and only the second time I had ever met her.

Samantha is 14 months old.  We were best buddies immediately.

I gave her all the hugs and kisses she could handle, and then a few extras.  


I've got her in a love stranglehold.

She liked playing with my old toys.

I couldn't just let her hang around the house.  No, I had to show her the town.  Our first stop was the indoor play place.  We could run around and blow off steam.  I showed her the ropes.





We played all sorts of fun games back at home too like ring around the roseys (or ashes ashes all fall down as I call it) and flying on Gigi and Bubba's feet!

Our next stop was a trip downtown.  We walked around and explored little Italy and Quincy's Market.

I even found Cooper Street on the way.  The sidewalks in little Italy are very small and sometimes Bubba would venture out into the street to walk.  Being the enforcer of the rules, I informed him every time he stepped into the street, "Bubba, sidewalk please.  Sidewalk please.  Watch out!"

We stopped in a little pizza place for lunch.  Yummy!

I was pretty good about sharing most things with Samantha, but there were a few things a wouldn't share:  my baby doll and my Mommy's lap.  

Samantha is still a baby and she has a lot to learn.  I have a lot to teach, starting with my killer dance moves!  One night we had a naked baby dancing party.  I was a crazy animal.


Look at me go.


While Samantha doesn't have moves like I do yet, I did manage to teach her how to play Ring Around the Rosey.  With her, it was easy: I just pulled her around in circles, pulled her down on the ground, and yanked her back up at the appropriate times.

More kissing cousins.


I am using my imagination more and more.  In fact, I have a little imaginary dog that I carry in my pocket.  Here, I'm imagining that Mommy and Lauren are boats and I'm the captain.  Weeee!

Samantha enjoyed the big car I got for Christmas.  Our house makes a circle, so it was fun to push her around.

We even got to ride in it together.

Hey!  What is she doing in here?  "Cooper's turn.  Mantha get out!"

One last baby dance party before it was time to say goodbye.

And one last turn on the sit and spin...not really designed for two babies at once.

Six days after the foot of snow fell, sixty degree weather returned again, so we went outside with just our light jackets.  I pulled out my old lawnmower from last summer and showed Samantha how to run up and down the sidewalks,

Chasing Mommy and running over her toes.

With nice weather and someone else to hold the camera, we could finally get a decent picture of the three of us.  Cheese!

With built in babysitters, Mommy and Daddy had a chance to get much needed haircuts.  Don't they look pretty?



The whole Bolton clan, minus Mommy of course.  Somebody's gotta take the picture.

Gigi, Bubba, Lauren, and Samantha went back on the airplane "up a sky" to North Carolina.  I miss them a lot and hope they come back soon.  

As for the weather, two days after the sixty degree loveliness, two more inches of snow fell.  Boston is crazy!

No comments: