
I'm sure you all saw the snow from last month's blog post and thought, "Wow, that's a lot of snow!" Well, that was only just the beginning. Starting right after Christmas, all the way through January, we had a MAJOR snow storm just about every 2-3 days. I'm not sure what the totals ended up being, but it was something like 71 inches in about 5 weeks. Unreal! The sidewalks were clear, thanks to Daddy's nearly daily shoveling endeavors, the cars could get out, and one lane of our street was clear. It was no longer any fun to play on. Reid got his first taste out in the giant snow piles.
Mighty Coopy and the Mighty Icicles! Crazy snow. Only in Massachusetts is it acceptable to have your Christmas decorations out all the way until March - you can't take them down!
I had my four year old check up this month. I weigh 40lbs and am 43 inches tall. I got 5 shots! I did pretty good though, although bribing me with a new Lego set always does the trick.
Reid had his six month check up too! Can you believe he's been here for half a year! He weighed 17 lbs 3 oz and is 27.5 inches tall. We're both really tall boys! He got three shots plus the oral rotavirus vaccine. Reid is now sitting up on his own. He tries to scoot on his hands and knees but ends up pushing himself to roll over. Everything goes in his mouth! He makes all sorts of sounds like dada, mama, bababa, gagaga. We joke that he is a pirate because his favorite sound is "Aarrrrgh!"
Another reason this blog is so short... The day after our check ups, Mommy came down with a fever, chills, cough, and body aches. She felt really crummy and stayed home from work for one day then went back for the rest of the week. Two days later, it was Daddy's turn for the same thing, and poor little Reid got it too! Mommy had been seeing a lot of flu at work and had a pretty good hunch that that was what it was. A trip to the pediatrician later and little Reid was diagnosed with the flu. He and Daddy started straight away on some tamiflu (it was too late for Mommy). Little Reid was pretty sick and later that evening, still had a fever to 103 and was breathing really quickly, so Mommy took him on his first trip to the Children's ER. After two hours of waiting, his fever finally broke and he perked up, so by the time we got triaged, he actually looked great. It's been over two weeks now since they had the flu and everyone now is just starting to feel better. I escaped all of it! And just for the record, yes everyone did have their flu shots but got it anyways!
He's very interested in everything that I want to play with. Now that he can sit, he's kinda fun to play with sometimes.
Including me!!! "Aaarrrgh!"
I got to see my first Broadway show this month. Mommy and I went to see Mary Poppins the Musical. I loved it! My favorite parts were the Spoonful of Sugar song, the clean up part, when the statues came to life, when Bert walked on the ceiling, when Mary Poppins flew, Supercalifragilisticxpealidocous (um, or something like that)...pretty much all of it.
So hopefully we'll be a little more fun this upcoming month. Not much you can do with all that snow and when you're sick. It's funny because Papaw felt sorry for us and bought us a big ole snowblower, but of course, it hasn't snowed since it arrived at our house.
I'll leave you with some movies of me, Daddy, and Bubba sledding!
Cooper and Dad versus a Snowman
Bubba uses himself as a sled
Cooper, all by myself






1 comment:
I love that you said "wicked." You are true Bostonians!
Post a Comment