Friday, May 1, 2009

Pilgrims and Pirate Ships?

Part of the month of April seemed more like the month of June, as we had about 4-5 days straight of 80+ degree weather. We made the most of it, spending as much time outside as possible, and even ventured over to Plymouth for a nice day trip. It's only about 50 minutes from our house.


You ever heard of Plymouth Rock? Well, really it's more like Plymouth Pebble. This is it. This is the famous rock. We were all expecting something a little more substantial.





Just down the way from Plymouth Rock is obviously the Mayflower. I don't know anything about a Mayflower or pilgrims, but I knew this was a big boat, and to me it looked like a pirate ship!!!





This was the coolest pirate ship I'd ever seen, and I demanded to go in it, which you can do for a small fee.


There were three different levels of the pirate ship. I explored every single crevice of the boat and looked out every single window. I was in heaven!






Whew! What a fantastic day! We topped off the day with lunch at an outdoor cafe. I didn't see any pirates or pilgrims, but I sure had fun.



Won't you come visit?

No comments: