
Ooops. So please forgive me as I've been a little negligent on the blog posting front. I've been really busy, so I'm taking you all the way back to Thanksgiving. It's become a tradition that someone has to work on Thanksgiving, and then someone always has to work the day after, so we just improvise and this year, Turkey Day came on a Saturday.
We don't care though, as long as we get to eat yummy food. Mommy's table was make with homemade dressing, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn pudding, rolls from scratch, and a Honeybaked Ham. What a feast! I was a big fan of the ham, and I am a ham.
December usually marks the beginning of the season that we only see white ground for a while, and this year was no different. The first real snow was only a couple of inches. I'm not too prepared for it yet - my snow pants from last year come just below my knees and my boots are two sizes too small.
While Daddy and I were busy building snowmen, Mommy snuck away to New York City for a whole week to meet up with Mimi, Papaw, and Uncle Taylor. On Tuesday, they got settled into their hotel and then ate dinner at Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill. Yummy.
Then a little after dinner they did a little socializing with John Wall and Cousins. The Evans were staying at the same hotel as the team. How funny.
Eric Bledsoe even sat down with Mimi, Papaw, and Taylor, made himself comfortable, and ate a popsicle.
The next day they headed out to Carnegie Deli for lunch. Mimi and Mommy enjoy some pickles and a crowded restaurant.
Then they walk off some of that food, enjoying New York at its finest and decorated for Christmas. They said the window displays were really cool and the ones at Bergdorf's in an Alice in Wonderland theme were their favorites. Here's the big Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center.
Now, New York is nice at Christmas time and all, but don't think that was the real reason the Evans family headed up to New York. Oh no. It was to watch the UK Wildcats play UConn at Madison Square Garden. Go Cats! They had great seats!
Thursday, they headed out for a bus tour in the cold NYC weather. Mommy said it was the worst tour driver on the planet, and she put her iPod on so she didn't have to hear him anymore. It was a long four hours. That evening, they went to see Phantom of the Opera. Even though Mommy had seen it before, she said it was super cool. Friday, Mommy headed back to us lonely boys back in Boston.
Seeing all the Christmas decorations in New York really got her in the spirit and we put up our Christmas tree. I helped a lot, and put lots of ornaments on the bottom foot of the Christmas tree. This was Mommy and Daddy's first Christmas together that they had a fake tree.
Merry Christmas. This year I really understood the whole Santa Claus thing and knew he'd be bringing me presents. I'd worked on my list all year. Next year we'll work on the baby Jesus part of Christmas a little more.
Last year I didn't get to see Santa Claus in person. This year I got all decked out and headed to the Natick Mall super early to see St Nick himself.
I did a great job sitting with Santa. As I got closer to him, I wasn't too sure about the ole jolly man, but after being promised a piece of candy if I smiled and sat with him, my Christmas picture turned out pretty cute. I even told Santa Claus I wanted a new train for Christmas.
I didn't tell Santa all the things I wanted for Christmas though. This is the list that I came up with all on my own for Santa to bring me.
1. A new train
2. A new computer to check my email
3. A new tv
4. A new phone
5. A new camera
6. New cars
7. New car tracks
8. A bucket
9. An apple
10. A letter game
Yes, this is my list. I'll be posting Christmas pictures shortly, so stay tuned to see what Santa actually brought me.






















No comments:
Post a Comment